Windows power creep.

Reaction score
Windows 98 ,Windows X P, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11. Currently only Windows 10 available as Microsoft have made bloody sure that we (their bread and butter) have no option but to use what they tell us to. No ability to go back to Windows 7 as they have closed the door behind us.
Despicable!

I also looked up their info on the next broken offering from our American cousins. According to their test tool to see if my Computer will work with forthcoming bag of rubbish, it appears it will not. Fait accompli . End of the line for my computing days, as my Dell computer XPS, is 12 years old and at 79 years of age, you have more chance of finding "Rocking Horse" droppings than I lashing out on a new computer.

Always thought Microsoft were a collection of money grabbing rogues. Now I know it is so. Cowboys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows 10 is good until 2025 so there's plenty of time to check out Linux.

Linux is a good option.

Here's a good place to start.

User guide.

Purchase a copy.

Download and create bootable media.

Linux Lite Forums.

Reaction score
It isn't a forced upgrade, and Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 2025. Also Windows 11 system requirements aren't set in stone. Like those in the posts above me, Linux is a very good option. There are quite a few easy to use distributions. Most recommend Linux Mint as a good alternative. I used it for over 5 years. Peppermint is also a good option. A bit more lightweight than Mint. My advice would be to get a cheap older laptop and install a Linux distro on it, and take time getting used to it. I've used Linux everyday for the last 10-15 years.

Ask a Question