Windows update cause computer not powering up

Reaction score
I experience problem with starting W10?ro latest version on my Dell XPS 8900 from 2016- after shut down over night it wont start unless thre (3) attemts.
I was suggested to change in the System Settings by logging in as admin and change to "Normal start"- however after having done this and reebooting it changes back to the original check box: "Selective start"
Why and how can I make it valid?
Any help appreciated
Åke

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 159
Reaction score
Hi Ake,

when you make changes in the startup settings, do you click on "Apply" and not just "OK"?. :)

Reaction score
Do you have more than one account on the computer?. Are you logged in as admin?. :)

Reaction score
To check your accounts status. Control Panel > User Accounts.

That said, you should be admin if you are the only user unless you changed it!.

What version of Win 10 do you have?, an upgrade may solve the problem if you are running an older version. :)

Reaction score
Yes, I am the only user with account and I am Administrator. I am more confused over the win version after having checked your link: see attachment- I frequently accept windows updates once a month but my version still seems to be old (july 2019), how come?
SWiversion.JPG

Reaction score
Hi Ake,

you can try upgrading to version 2004, they should have got most of the bugs out of it now?. If it doesn't work for you, you can do a rollback!.

Why your system is not up-to-date is only something you can answer, if you check in Updates & Security, sometimes you must manually activate a major update!. :)

See also:

Ask a Question