Windows 10 updated last night and caused lots of problems

Reaction score
It removed the games, Free cell, solatair, hearts, ect. This was the original. Most all icon have the arrow on desktop. There is no start-restart button. Most things are working slower.

I would like some help getting this corrected. I do not want to start over. I don't have a restore
to a few days ago, just a reset. This is not good.

Please advise.

P.S. All was fine before the update. All was okay.

Reaction score
If the power button has disappeared this could be the Anniversary update. It is there but you have to click the start button. If you mean that the 'old' freecell etc. have gone then it probably is that. Microsoft would much rather you play their new and ugly versions! You can get those back. www.winaero.com has an installer for them

Reaction score
Tim, thanks for answering. Start button only brings up menu. I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart or shut down. My recycle bin will not empty, my email takes a long time
to fill out on the content. MS did not do me any favors on this one.

Reaction score
Tim, thanks for answering. Start button only brings up menu. I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart or shut down. My recycle bin will not empty, my email takes a long time
to fill out on the content. MS did not do me any favors on this one.

Something seems odd. Just to be sure, press the Start button (Item 1):
00.png

You should then get three small buttons immediately above it, (ringed by me in green):

01.jpg

Press the bottom one (Item 2). This will appear:

02.png

Press any of the three choices (arrowed). If you are not getting this, then as Tim said it looks like the Anniversary update has screwed you up (welcome to the club). You could ask about curing that by visiting the "Installation, Setup and Updates" topic. Good luck!

Reaction score
It removed the games, Free cell, solatair, hearts, ect. This was the original. Most all icon have the arrow on desktop. There is no start-restart button. Most things are working slower.

I would like some help getting this corrected. I do not want to start over. I don't have a restore
to a few days ago, just a reset. This is not good.

Please advise.

P.S. All was fine before the update. All was okay.
Windows 10 performed update, which took forever, now screen is stuck......Can't get to new screen, won't turn off, just stuck. This program is horrible!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Stevekir, Thanks for the post. The info you posted is on/in my computer. I don't recall
this showing up before. To me, something new.

Still too many things moved/deleted/changed, for me to know about or keep up with.
I will see about changing some of the things back to how I like them.

The Aero site that Tom has in his post, needs a few coins for this operation.
I may still take it.

Was not expected this taking place. Glad some people are smart.

Thanks all,
Hcube

Ask a Question