Windows 10 update 1703 caused some issues

Reaction score
Soon as the update 1703 was complete I noticed that my Realtek Hi Def sound was gone. When I hovered the mouse over the speaker on the task bar it said noting was connected. I tried Microsoft s support and the guy tried a few things and then he finally gave up. I thought about it awhile and finally I found a driver on MSI site. Then I removed the Realtek Hi Def and then installed the drivers from the motherboard web site.
So to go on. the light on my gaming mouse will not shut off when the computer is shut down,. So I hoping there is another way than doing it the same way that I did the sound device, I don,t believe that it is the mouse itself I believe that it is the drivers installed by Windows for the USB ports. this has happened before and that is what the cause was. I know because a few days after the windows update a msi update wound come out and the one for the USB ports would correct the issue, so Im worried that if I uninstall the USB drivers that I will not be able to use the mouse or keyboard to control the computer to install the new driver from the same website. I know im not that computer literate which is why Im asking for information> Please help. I am hoping there is a much more simple fix that i am just not aware of.

Reaction score
I had a similar issue on one of my test rigs and the solution was to go in and change the default sound device from headset to speakers. I also have Realtek audio.

Ask a Question