Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update

Reaction score
Hi

I have had to restore/reset my Windows 10 installation, at least 5 times in the last one year ! My laptop is a ThinkPad E14 with Windows 10 Pro.

I have BitDefender Gravityzone Endpoint security installed and suddenly notice that the taskbar icon has disappeared. On searching, I find it has been uninstalled. I immediately do to Windows Security to enable Virus Protection, but the Security page shows up blank!

Tried all options, including manually starting through Services, but could not get any security software to install or run. Ultimately had to do a System Restore or complete reset and then reinstall BitDefender Endpoint.

Ultimately found out that this problem occurs everytime a Windows Update is done, especially Security Update! This is not happening on any other PC of the company, where BitDefender Endpoint is installed. Even Windows Update stops working and shows error 0x80070424.

I have tried to search the net for a solution, but haven't been able to find any.

Please help! Thanks.

Ask a Question