Windows Security Centre

Reaction score
I get message every day in notifications saying to turn on Windows Security Centre but if I click on the message it says that it cannot be started. When I go into Services and select start - nothing happens.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Defender has worked flawlessly until yesterday. Now I receive an error code.
Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.206.0) - Error 0x80070643. I've tried stopping/starting the service, no change. Currently running 1.259.156.0.

Reaction score
If you de-install Avast then the Windows stuff will start. I believe that to de-install Avast you need to download a program from them ( there was a thread on this just a few days back)

I use Defender and I am happy with it but I do run MalwareBytes by hand twice a week.

You should run which ever you believe to be the best AV system.

Reaction score
Before the last Cumulative update Defender was working fine on my PC. The green check mark on the shield in the security centre doesn't activate now and it only scans periodically. Apparently it's because I'm running Malwarebytes. Is this this normal for Defender?
Mambam.PNG

Reaction score
Wolfie I agree I should have started another thread. Maybe one of the mods can move it.

Ask a Question