SOLVED Windows Settings>Recovery keeps crashing

Reaction score
I want to perform a clean re-install of my Windows OS on my computer, but my settings app keeps crashing ONLY when I try to access "Recovery" under the "Updates & Security" tab. I can open any other setting in the settings app, except for the one I actually need.

Here is a list of solutions on the internet I have already tried, to no avail:

-Run sfc /scannow
-Run DISM command prompt
-Restore Windows to a recovery point
-Re-install the settings app
-Remove Windows update KB5015807, which was said to cause certain similar issues

Is there a workaround to this, or does anyone know of a solution to fix this crash?

Thanks in advance.

---
System specs:
Medion
Erazer X5309 F/B554
Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX960
RAM 16GB
2TB hard drive
240GB SSD

Reaction score
go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 download media creation tool run it follow instructions
when the option is download a copy of windows to usb stick at least 8 to 16 gig capacity
when done shutdown and restart to boot from the usb stick to install a new copy of windows.
before you run the install backup your data you need to keep, as the drive C will be erased completely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 download media creation tool run it follow instructions
when the option is download a copy of windows to usb stick at least 8 to 16 gig capacity
when done shutdown and restart to boot from the usb stick to install a new copy of windows.
before you run the install backup your data you need to keep, as the drive C will be erased completely.
Thank you so much John. I totally forgot about that option!

Ask a Question