Windows Start Bar disappears, but quick launch icons/start button still clickable

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 on my PC, and occasionally the start bar will be gone when I log back in after letting it sit for awhile. The icons on my desktop will be there, but the start bar is gone. The funny thing is though, is that is essentially invisible, yet still functioning. I can hover my mouse over where the quick launch would be, and a little bubble will pop up telling me what icon I'm hovering over, and I can launch said application as if I could see the start bar. Clicking where the start button would be also brings up the start menu. Very strange indeed? It's running and functioning, but not showing up? A quick restart always fixes it obviously, but I wanted to know what is being done, or what I can do to make this stop happening? Kind of annoying when I am in the middle of my productivity workflow and have to close everything down just to restart.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.576)

Reaction score
Have you set the taskbar to hide? Right click on display , select personalize, select taskbar and check what is on or off. There are many possibilities.

Reaction score
No... if it was hidden the icons would not be clickable. As I said, the start bar is gone, but the places where the start button and quick launch icons still function as normal if you hover over where they are located.

Ask a Question