SOLVED Windows Store not loading

Reaction score
Recently the Windows Store app got updated and since then I cannot get it to work on my main laptop. I have tried wsreset , ran the troubleshooter and even uninstalled the store and reinstalled it via powershell (restarts mandatory). nothing helped. this is what I get to see:

Store not loading.jpg

I have scoured the internet to find a solution but nothing has worked so far and it seems I am not alone with this problem if I look in the Feedback Hub. The weird thing is that the store has worked before the update (obviously). My OS is Windows 10 16299.19 .

if anyone has an idea please let me know....

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you tried going to the Windows Settings > Apps then left-clicking Microsoft Store > Advanced options > Reset to effectively clear the Store cache?

Oppps I just noticed your text above the image too -- sorry! :oops:

Reaction score

yepp tried it. this is what I get:

>>
Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.A<<
it does not work cause there is no Winstore folder

Reaction score
Alrighty then, try the following as it seems to have a bit more info than the other link I posted!:

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-windows-10-store-not-working.html :)
tried it, did not work.

tried this one too. only thing this one fixed was a possible damaged cache (wsreset i guess) and did not find anything else wrong.

Gonna wait until the next CU which should come out tomorrow..... will see if there is something in there that makes the store work again....

Reaction score
Same old! Seems that most have it working, yet others are less fortunate. I cannot see how it can be anything to do with the hardware architecture, so it has to be MS software bugs. (again)

Reaction score
dunno yet......just turned the computer back on.... downloading the updates......

Nope, still the same issue. Won't load....
Well, I am not worried about it as I do not use the store anyway... I can wait until MS finds a cure (beside fresh install), if ever......

I even went through this procedure as suggested in the description of the latest cumulative update (couldn't hurt, can't it?) still no joy.....
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-ecda-4d52-b61c-bc20211c97a0?tm=1508544972636

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now my Windows 10 Store at work is acting up (after it was updated to 16299.64). When trying to update the apps I get this:

Store App error.jpg

it is getting more and more crazy.....

Reaction score
Well, I compared the privacy settings with a working system and even though the settings were identical (but different machines) I was not able to get the store going without reinstalling. That is what I am doing now. the OS is up and running, now I just have to install everything again that I had on it before.

Problem as of now is solved (and marked as such)....

Ask a Question