Windows store

Reaction score
Okay, I've posted this issue in general discussions but still having no luck.

I went to Windows Store to download an app and got the old "your not connected to the Internet" dialog box. I went to MS Support which gave me a path to a "cache file" it told me to rename the current cache file to include "old", which I did. It then said to create a new folder names 'cache". After I did that and went back to Windows store I didn't get the "your not connected to the Internet" dialog box. However, now when I go into Windows Store and try to install an app by hitting the "get" button the page refreshes but the app isn't downloaded. Every time I hit the "get" button the page refreshes. Dunno. Thanks in advance.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with the skype app. I've not tried any other app to download...will give that a try and report back.

I have a sneaky feeling it's with how 1803 was installed. I went with the upgrade path from 1709 to 1803 just to see what would be buggy......I got my wish.

Now I have my 1803 ISO inhand to do a clean install.....then check issue.

Reaction score
Greetings~

I recently had the same particular problem as BentGrass and bassfisher with the refreshing problem when I went to go to purchase and download a particular app for my HUE Led bulbs in my living space ...

I DIDN'T and still haven't updated to the newest update to windows im still on 1709.

I, in turn, requested some assistance from an online live tech. I explained the exact problem .. they transferred me to a higher level support tech.. The tech then (WITH PERMISSION FROM ME ) accessed my system via remote and ran a few commands in Powershell.. which repaired the Windows store software/app and I was good to go ..

I was even able to ask a few other tech questions unrelated to the issue I was having and the tech was quite polite and was eager to answer the 'off issue' questions while things were running in the background.

Unfortunately, I dont rightly remember the commands he used, HOWEVER I did look in the history for PowerShell and found these entries:

upload_2018-5-17_8-55-50.png

upload_2018-5-17_8-56-46.png

It only took about 15 to 30 minutes of time to have the issue solved from start to finish .. INCLUDING waiting time for the original tech to answer and transferring, and running the commands.

Just throwing that out there as a possible solution.
~LoneWolf

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Update....I uninstalled spotify app....I'll never use it. Then went to the MS Store to get/install it, click on it, the blue tab says install and clicking on that it does. I now have the spotify app.

However, the Skype apps blue tab says get.....why the difference? And the Skype app still fails.

Reaction score
Greetings~

I recently had the same particular problem as BentGrass and bassfisher with the refreshing problem when I went to go to purchase and download a particular app for my HUE Led bulbs in my living space ...

I DIDN'T and still haven't updated to the newest update to windows im still on 1709.

I, in turn, requested some assistance from an online live tech. I explained the exact problem .. they transferred me to a higher level support tech.. The tech then (WITH PERMISSION FROM ME ) accessed my system via remote and ran a few commands in Powershell.. which repaired the Windows store software/app and I was good to go ..

I was even able to ask a few other tech questions unrelated to the issue I was having and the tech was quite polite and was eager to answer the 'off issue' questions while things were running in the background.

Unfortunately, I dont rightly remember the commands he used, HOWEVER I did look in the history for PowerShell and found these entries:

View attachment 8600

View attachment 8601

It only took about 15 to 30 minutes of time to have the issue solved from start to finish .. INCLUDING waiting time for the original tech to answer and transferring, and running the commands.

~LoneWolf
Thanks for your help. I appreciate you posting the code. I will open my command prompt window and input those code lines to see what happened.

Reaction score
Greetings~

View attachment 8600

View attachment 8601

~LoneWolf
I input that code but I was denied access in the second line. Dunno.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I appreciate you posting the code. I will open my command prompt window and input those code lines to see what happened.

Bentgrass~

Just for clarification. It's NOT the normal command prompt .. its in Powershell that those codes get entered.

Basically from the Windows Start menu you type Powershell then select it to run .. then type in the codes.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The cmd prompt and power shell are 1 in the same. Entering the code into either doesn't matter. Powershell is is going to replace the cmd prompt sometime in the future....just like all the new app style settings that's slowly replacing the control panel.

Ask a Question