windows\system32\logilda.dll

Reaction score
I loaded the TotalAV virus protection program and did a scan on my laptop. No viruses were found but when I ran the junk file there were 700+ of these files. When I deleted these my computer when into slower than slow mode. When I turned it on this morning I had error message windows\system32\logilda.dll Missing entry Logifetch. How do I fix this problem. And what is the review of TotalAV?

Reaction score
The only thing I have done is uninstall the TotalAV. My computer did start working at normal speed again. But still on start up I receive the error message windows\system32\logilda.dll

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But still on start up I receive the error message windows\system32\logilda.dll
That is almost certainly a dynamic link library file that came as part of some Logitech Software package that you may need to reinstall if applicable.
IF not then have a look at startup tab in taskmanager and or services.msc and see if you see anything related to Logitech that you can simply disable to prevent the annoyance.

Reaction score
There is a registry error. To edit the registry, press Win-R, type regedit and press enter. Right below the menu at the top and above the tree like list, there is a location box, just like in a browser. Copy and paste the following into it, replacing what ever is there.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

then press enter. On the right, you will see "Logitech Download Assistant". If you look all the way to the right on that line, you probably have "LOGIFETCH". Right click on Logitech Download Assistant and then click on Modify. Change LOGIFETCH to LogiFetch. Click OK. Close the window and you're done.

Reaction score
aartvark. The thread is almost one year old since the last post.

Reaction score
Thanks, Aartvark. I am still using Windows 8.1 on my desktop, but that worked, and much easier than all of the other solutions I read. Appreciate your post!

Reaction score
There is a registry error. To edit the registry, press Win-R, type regedit and press enter. Right below the menu at the top and above the tree like list, there is a location box, just like in a browser. Copy and paste the following into it, replacing what ever is there.

then press enter. On the right, you will see "Logitech Download Assistant". If you look all the way to the right on that line, you probably have "LOGIFETCH". Right click on Logitech Download Assistant and then click on Modify. Change LOGIFETCH to LogiFetch. Click OK. Close the window and you're done.
THANKS aartvark, although I am running Windows 10, I agree with Tomjm. Your explanation is so much more succinct and easier to use. After many attempts trying other suggested fixes, a nine month pain in my A## is gone.
I would not have found this if you hadn't responded to a year old post.

Reaction score

Fantastic aartvark. Simple and direct to the point. Problem solved!! Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
THANKS aartvark, although I am running Windows 10, I agree with Tomjm. Your explanation is so much more succinct and easier to use. After many attempts trying other suggested fixes, a nine month pain in my A## is gone.
I would not have found this if you hadn't responded to a year old post.

I am still using Windows 7. Having that problem as mentioned above. Can't find the location box in the registry
and above the tree so kind kind of stuck. I had misplaced my Microsoft mouse transceiver and stuck in one from Logitech. Think that is where problems began.

Ask a Question