Windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

Reaction score
When I try to down load a free app from windows store app, I get you are not connected to the internet error code 0x8007040f and it asks for my feedback but I cannot send to windows with same error message,

I have run the windows trouble shooter for windows store but no help
looking for help and so far the search looks have not given me a solution that works

appreciate any help

Reaction score
Quite a few ommemts from users on this subject. I am also experiencing it randomly. An immediate second try gets me in, but what the he k!

Reaction score
I was gone most of the morning helping someone else and over 30 minutes ago when opening my Notebook got the New and Weather app telling me it couldn't reach the page even though I had a Wireless Network connection with Internet service, reloading took a couple tries until it worked. Same happened with trying to open this site, then suddenly everything worked.

Reaction score
Microsoft are making win 10 run bad so we will all jump on win 11 happens every time new operating systems are introduced it's a shame they have to butcher win 10.

SMW

Reaction score
Are you running a VPN? I have found that my work VPN makes Windows think it's not connected even though it is.

Reaction score
I keep losing my wifi connection even though my cell phone and my wife's cellphone keep connected. Is there some relationship here?

Reaction score
Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 are plagued with WiFi not auto-connecting. Try this solution. It works.
9:44 AM 5/15/2019 Windows 10 Will Not Connect To WIFI Automatically

Fix: Windows 10 will not connect to WIFI Automatically
By Kevin Arrows 4 days ago 60 4 minutes read
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix errors and optimize system performance
Many Windows 10 users from all across the globe are complaining of their Windows 10 computers not connecting to saved WiFi networks automatically even though they have made sure that the Connect automatically option for those networks has been enabled. Such users have reported that their computers only connect to WiFi networks they already remember and should connect automatically to when they either manually connect to them from their computer’s WiFi menu or, in some cases, press the hardware WiFi button on their laptop.

This issue may be caused by either a simple glitch or, in most cases, a system upgrade that causes the computer in question to start turning its WiFi adapter off, and thus requiring it to be woken up following every shutdown or restart, in order to save power. The issue may also be caused by LAN being plugged in, so if you have it plugged in, remove it and reboot to test, if it works and you’re okay, leave this as it is but if it doesn’t work and you want both LAN and WiFi to work, then follow the last method to create a group policy. If you are on a domain network, then the domain policy will override this.

Thankfully enough, there are some things that you can do to get rid of this problem. The following are the two most effective solutions that can be used to fix a Windows 10 computer that fails to connect to WiFi networks it remembers automatically.

Repair Corrupt System Files
Download and run Reimage Plus to scan and repair corrupt/missing files from here, if files are found to be corrupt and missing repair them and then see if your system connects to the WiFi automatically, if not then try the other steps suggested below.

Forget your WiFi network and then reconnect to it
If a simple glitch or bug is causing your computer to not connect to a saved WiFi network automatically, the following is bound to work for you:

Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar.

Click on Network Settings

Under the Wireless Network Connection section, choose Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Then from under Manage Known Networks, Click the name of your wireless network and choose Forget.

Windows 10 will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Restart your computer. Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar and click on your WiFi network from the list of available networks.

Make sure that you check the Connect automatically. Click on Connect.

Enter the security code for the network. Once your computer connects to the network, its memory should be refreshed and it should connect to the network automatically even after shutdowns and restarts.

Stop your computer from turning its WiFi adapter off to save power
If your computer has not been connecting automatically to WiFi networks it remembers after a system upgrade to Windows 10 or any of its builds, you would be better off trying the following:

Right click on the Start button and, in the menu that appears, click on Device manager.

windows 10 wifi 6

Double click on the Network adapters section to expand it.

windows 10 wifi 7

Figure out which of the adapters in the list that appears is your computer’s WiFi adapter and then right click on it. From the right click menu, click on Properties.

windows 10 wifi 8

In the dialog that appears, click on the Power management tab to navigate to it. Uncheck the Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power. Click on OK.

windows 10 wifi 9

PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Reimage Plus which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage by Clicking Here

Once the change is saved, your computer should start connecting automatically to WiFi networks that it remembers as soon as it wakes up from a shutdown, a restart or a simple sleep. In addition this guide, on 12/22/2015 we troubleshooted the same issue and have found the steps here to work.

Edit or Create Group Policy via Registry Editor
Hold the Windows Key and Press R. In the run dialog, type regedit and click OK. Navigate to the following path in Registry Editor,

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WcmSvc\

See if the GroupPolicy subkey exists, if not with WcmSvc highlighted, right click on WcmSvc and Choose New -> Key and name it GroupPolicy, then click GroupPolicy and then in the right pane, (right-click) and choose New -> DWORD (32-bit) and create value, name it as fMinimizeConnections and Click OK. Now, reboot and test. This policy allows you to connect automatically to wireless network, even with a LAN plugged in and works on both Windows 8/8.1 and 10.

Running the Network Troubleshooter (Post 1709 Update)
You should try running the network troubleshooter before proceeding with any other methods. The Windows Troubleshooter analyzes your Wi-Fi hardware as well as checks the connectivity to the internet by accessing Microsoft’s servers. If there is some discrepancy present, it will inform you and attempt to fix it automatically. In most cases, this worked where users were not able to connect to the internet when they started up their computer.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon and select “Troubleshoot problems”.

Reaction score
When I try to down load a free app from windows store app, I get you are not connected to the internet error code 0x8007040f and it asks for my feedback but I cannot send to windows with same error message,

I have run the windows trouble shooter for windows store but no help
looking for help and so far the search looks have not given me a solution that works

appreciate any help
If you know how to used cmd prompts

1. Open CMD as an administrator.
2. Type in the following commands.

ipconfig /release <press Enter>
ipconfig /renew <press Enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <press Enter>
ipconfig /registerdns <press Enter>
nbtstat -rr <press Enter>
netsh int ip reset all <press Enter>
netsh winsock reset <press Enter>
This is what I used when my icon said I wasn't connected, but I was