Windows10 / Samsung 512GB M.2 SSD / Samsung Magician

Reaction score
I also have Samsung SSDs in my Systems, but clients and others claim boot issues, so i have them run that bat file every nite prior to shutdown. doing this it repairs any issues, and they have no issues on boot, or reboot times.

Reaction score
I also have Samsung SSDs in my Systems, but clients and others claim boot issues, so i have them run that bat file every nite prior to shutdown. doing this it repairs any issues, and they have no issues on boot, or reboot times.

What are you saying?
1. Do your clients shut down their computers every night? (If so why - I thought nobody still did that)
2. What is in the .BAT file that is run every night?
3. Would manually rebooting my PC every night have the same effect?
J

Reaction score
No reboot does not, the bat is to fix any boot issues, many complaint about, such as
On Reboot
1. BSOD
2. repair loop
3. very long time to boot, (many complain fo 2 to 5 min.)
4. Green Screen ( jagged lines, flashing streaks, distorted screen, many issues)
it seems that (I'm not sure why) but a issues caused by corruption in/on SSD. bcd issues also. )
so i simply have them run the small.bat to fix if any issue is found with the SSD. which can cause many different issues.
and what causes this issue i have no idea, with several clients and all when ask, (I did nothing to cause).

Reaction score
To get clear, Snuffy... so you have a .BAT file that you run every night just before the computer is shut down for the night, yes?
And in it you just have: "chkdsk C: /F"
And you say that has solved a lot of problems for you?

It all sounds extremely odd if true. Did someone at Samsung suggest that for you? Where did you get the idea of running "chkdsk C: /F" every single day?

Btw, have you considered not closing the computers down overnight? I was told that nowadays most people just leave PCs running 24x7x365 because they seem to be more stable if you do so.

Ask a Question