Word Pad line spacing questions

Reaction score
In Windows 10 I've been making documents with pictures in them using Word Pad. In all other versions of Windows I've used, doing that method would paste the picture where I want it either by Ctrl+V or or right clicking and Paste. But in this Windows 10 version it almost always puts the picture one line below where I try to put it, so I arrow down, hit the Home key and back space. Then when I put a picture beside it again it puts it a line below so I arrow down, hit the Home key and back space. And then the next picture it puts it a line below.....

I know how to select line spacing in the paragraph section, uncheck the annoying: Add 10pt space after paragraphs, and select 1.0 instead of 1.15 but that doesn't fix the problem with pasting in pictures. Is there a way to get it to put the picture on the line I select instead of on the line below? Also is there a way to make the default setting to not add the 10pt space... and the spacing to be 1.0 instead of 1.15?

Thank you for any help with this!
David

Reaction score
Also is there a way to make the default setting to not add the 10pt space... and the spacing to be 1.0 instead of 1.15?
I have this same issue and would like to know myself. As a work around I usually open an existing file that has already been configured. It does get annoying not being able to adjust default settings.

I'm not sure about the additional carriage return. I've not noticed this phenomenon yet. Are you certain you are not copying the carriage return with the image?

Reaction score
I have this same issue and would like to know myself. As a work around I usually open an existing file that has already been configured. It does get annoying not being able to adjust default settings.

I'm not sure about the additional carriage return. I've not noticed this phenomenon yet. Are you certain you are not copying the carriage return with the image?
I don't know what that means. I just copy a picture and section out of a picture and paste it. I don't know how to copy or not copy the carriage return.

Reaction score
When I insert an image there usually is the flashing cursor at the bottom right corner of the image, hitting Return or Enter key drops the cursor to below the bottom left corner of the image where I can type. Return and Enter generally have the same meaning of Carriage Return of typewriters and word processors [predecessors to computers].

Reaction score
I don't know what that means.
If you use copy and paste options (such as right click context menu) there is no risk of copying hidden formatting. However if you highlight the image and use ctrl+c, you risk capturing other hidden formatting in the highlight.

Ask a Question