WordPerfect for Windows 10

Reaction score
I see a post on Windows 12, which I've never heard of, but nothing on WordPerfect as a word processing program. It has always been SO much more intuitive than WORD so I've stuck with it -- and want to continue with it.

Will any versions of WordPerfect work with Windows 10?

This is a game changer for me.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on what you mean when you say
Certainly Corel's latest offering (which is no longer called Word Perfect (Corel Office) according to their Tech Specs
Tech Specs
  • Microsoft® Windows® 10, Microsoft® Windows® 8, Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® or Windows® XP with latest service pack and critical updates installed (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
  • 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
  • 1 GHz processor
  • 152 MB hard disk space for English; 165 MB for English and French
  • 1024 x 600 screen resolution
Will apparently work on Windows 10, however......
Older versions may not or may involve some trial and error with both the installer and the subsequent executables (for launching the individual applets) and Windows 10 "compatibility mode".

Reaction score
I see a post on Windows 12, which I've never heard of, but nothing on WordPerfect as a word processing program. It has always been SO much more intuitive than WORD so I've stuck with it -- and want to continue with it.

I bought a Dell XPS-8900 February 2016 with Windows 10. I had been using Windows XP for years, with Corel WordPerfect 12. The discussions I saw suggested the WP wouldn't work on Windows 10, so I didn't bother. But a few weeks ago I decided to try the first disc of the WP 12 CD that I had. Amazingly -- because I didn't even have to use compatibility mode -- the WordPerfect 12 loaded fine, and everything on it works as usual. - Eddie

Reaction score

I've got WP 11 and it works fine in Windows 10

Reaction score
Word Perfect X8 states in specs yes it's Windows 10 compatible.
Hello Ja

I'm wondering if you ever resolved this issue. I also am a Corel Wordperfect fan. I have x8. I just got a new PC - it's windows 10 and am unable to load th x8 software although it says it's windows 10 compatible. It goes a way and then says that I am not conneted to server and no internet connection although i am in fact connected to the internet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
I've loaded WordPerfect 10 on a new computer with Windows 10. If I click on a WordPerfect file in Windows Explorer, WordPerfect opens and works. If I open WordPerfect and click on "Open" the program freezes and I have to use Task Manager to close it. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Haven't tried WP10 on Win10 yet but not having issues with WP12 on one of my 64-bit computers. I'd wonder if WP10 has an issue with File Explorer and reading the list of files. My main computer has WP X8 on it.

Reaction score
An old thread revive . I moved from Wordstar to Word perfect in the days when a transition had begun to "Windows". In the part of the world I then lived in, most software was freely available to purchase, albeit mostly "pirated". Circumstances took me to Microsoft products, which then became available to me, licenced and free.
I can vaguely remember Word perfect bursting forth in glorious colour. Until then I had only used Black and white software and associated hardware
I have always had fond memories of the delight of using Word Perfect.
When I was first drawn to this thread, four or five years ago, I started to investigate. It was a disappointment to see the price tag - beyond my budget then, as now.

I would still be interested in a follow up to Mataafa's post though?

Reaction score
I did miss saying that WP10 may be having the issue with the renaming of Windows Explorer to File Explorer and some accompanying changes which most users may not notice or encounter [and I'm one of those]. Some comments about File Explorer:
More at https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=file+explorer&ia=news

Reaction score

My wife is using WPX4 on w10, v 1903. No issues that I know of.

Ask a Question