WordPerfect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip landt, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Skip landt

Skip landt

I see a post on Windows 12, which I've never heard of, but nothing on WordPerfect as a word processing program. It has always been SO much more intuitive than WORD so I've stuck with it -- and want to continue with it.

Will any versions of WordPerfect work with Windows 10?

This is a game changer for me.

Skip landt, Dec 9, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Skip landt

Trouble Noob Whisperer Moderator

I guess it would depend on what you mean when you say
    Certainly Corel's latest offering (which is no longer called Word Perfect (Corel Office) according to their Tech Specs
    Will apparently work on Windows 10, however......
    Older versions may not or may involve some trial and error with both the installer and the subsequent executables (for launching the individual applets) and Windows 10 "compatibility mode".

Trouble, Dec 10, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Skip landt

Eddie Kraus

I bought a Dell XPS-8900 February 2016 with Windows 10. I had been using Windows XP for years, with Corel WordPerfect 12. The discussions I saw suggested the WP wouldn't work on Windows 10, so I didn't bother. But a few weeks ago I decided to try the first disc of the WP 12 CD that I had. Amazingly -- because I didn't even have to use compatibility mode -- the WordPerfect 12 loaded fine, and everything on it works as usual. - Eddie

Eddie Kraus, Apr 29, 2016
  4. Skip landt

Jake B

Word Perfect X8 states in specs yes it's Windows 10 compatible.

Jake B, May 2, 2016
  5. Skip landt

Bob Ryder

I've got WP 11 and it works fine in Windows 10

Bob Ryder, May 4, 2016
  6. Skip landt

anne11

Hello Ja
    I'm wondering if you ever resolved this issue. I also am a Corel Wordperfect fan. I have x8. I just got a new PC - it's windows 10 and am unable to load th x8 software although it says it's windows 10 compatible. It goes a way and then says that I am not conneted to server and no internet connection although i am in fact connected to the internet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

anne11, Jun 26, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question