Would there be windows 11

Reaction score
Its been a while windows 10 is doing great. Likewise previously windows XP had its time for quite a while. I do not know insider news, so will there be any other windows version coming other than updates in windows 10.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is a WaaS [Windows as a Service] or maybe SaaS [Software as a Service] and as such is ongoing with Version Upgrades [so far twice a year] and periodic Build updates. It was seen in print back with the Technical Preview [now Insider Preview] that Win10 would be the last numbered version. It was about the time of deciding there would be no Windows 9.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is a WaaS [Windows as a Service] or maybe SaaS [Software as a Service] and as such is ongoing with Version Upgrades [so far twice a year] and periodic Build updates. It was seen in print back with the Technical Preview [now Insider Preview] that Win10 would be the last numbered version. It was about the time of deciding there would be no Windows 9.
Oh man this comes as a surprise to me that it had already been announced that windows 10 is the last version. Is there any official statement about it ? Than I guess there would be something like what Linux has different distrOS, may be.

Reaction score
That was pretty much the theme of things back in 2014 when I got into the Technical Preview.

Linux is an open source OS and all the different distros are by different programmers but using just a few base versions for their iteration. Example would be the Linux Mint I run which is built on Debian as is Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, etc. Other distros are built on RPM which I haven't worked with yet. There must be nearly 200 different versions of Linux available, some are good but it's nice to be able to use a bootable LiveDVD [and one of the few LiveCD] to test different distros to find what one likes. Most versions are free but all do take donations. Some versions appear to be aimed more at Servers and business users.
www.distrowatch.org

I don't think Microsoft will fully release the source code for people to build their own version of Windows, one has tried with its Lindows that didn't work out. Going back further there was OS2 that's no longer heard of, same for GeoWorks.

To add to the issues of the Operating Systems is the need for keeping up with all the hardware technical progress. Part of that can be attributed to the hardcore gamers wanting/needing the latest greatest fastest machines, it's a cycle of better hardware seen by programmers able to do more with their software which allows designers of hardware taking advantage of it then the software can be improved, etc. It's like a wheel, never ending.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And I, an octogenarian, is expected to keep up with this I don't think so.
I am a mere 72 and I worked with small computers since the '60s. (Windows since it was invented)
I find that a full backup of everything the day before a release and being very careful about websites I visit and emails I open lets me stay uptodate without worrys. Now my main PC is 2009 vintage, my wifes machine is homebuilt with a very careful choice of top grade components but NOT the cutting edge of course and my laptop is Lenovo and probably 8 years old..it was off lease when I got it.

So don't worry about it.

Reaction score
79 in a couple of months, first computer was MS-DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 in '92, two years later working in a computer store after retiring and started building computers.

Ask a Question