XrWCbgnd.dll error message after installing windows 10

Reaction score
since installing windows 10, this message pops up every time I turn my laptop on.
As far as I can tell, it doesn't cause a major problem with anything programs, its just really annoying!
Can anyone help with fixing this problem please?

Thanks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Patrick :).

It looks like that DLL has something to do with "Xerox WorkCentre" - do you have this installed? Perhaps as part of your printer driver? If so, I'd try uninstalling it from control panel and then re-installing it again (or a repair install, if it supports that).

Alternatively, you can suppress this error message by disabling whatever causes it to load on startup (using this method), but that's a bit of a workaround :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there any other Xerox software installed? Does the startup tab (here) show anything that may be connected? Feel free to post a screenshot to the forum so we can take a peek.

Reaction score
Screenshot 2015-08-03 17.44.26.png
Screenshot 2015-08-03 17.44.26.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try to disable the entry on the startup list that you've highlighted? That should stop the error from appearing :).

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum. Try disabling xrWCbgnd in Startup in Task Manager. This message doesn't appear on startup on my computer now and disabling the programme doesn't seem to have affected any other programmes I am running, but early days at moment. Don't know how it will affect computer as a whole or programmes that require this at startup.
regards
Harry

Reaction score
since installing windows 10, this message pops up every time I turn my laptop on.
As far as I can tell, it doesn't cause a major problem with anything programs, its just really annoying!
Can anyone help with fixing this problem please?

Thanks!
I had the same error and got de xrwcbgnd.dll somewhere from a repair tool. While i was in an administrator account the nasty dialog box disappeared but in a local account i got a dialog box saying access denier. In EDGE i could not print. It looks like the upgrade W10 to W10 build 1511 works not perfect. I did a clean install with the DVD created with de media creation tool and now everything works perfect also printing from EDGE.

Reaction score
Did you try to download strictly this file ? It could be in big dll libraries, such as http://fix4dll.com. If your file is very rare, use "request" function and community will give it to you. Move xrwcbgnd.dll to your system folder, it may help you.

Ask a Question