SOLVED 10049 ISO

Reaction score
Last time I created build 10041 iso from esd, I had help from the web where there is an esd file available to be downloaded. It was successful.

This time without the 10049 esd file from the web, I will have to get it from my RecoveryImage folder.
Please tell me if the following steps are correct. I ask this because yesterday I used the same method and it busted my Win10TP partition ( I am on dual boot), saying that my partition did not have ebough space. I had 13 GB to start.

1. Open a folder.( folder 10049)
2. Go to RecoveryImage folder, copy Install.esd and paste it to folder 10049
3. download decrypter and extract it to the same folder.
4. Right click at decrypter.cmd > Run As Admin
5. enter 1
Is that the correct method ?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Step 5 will be option 2. , if my memory serves me.(Create ISO from ESD, or similar words)

Then go and have a cup of coffee. Takes a while.

Reaction score
esd to iso.JPG
Why 2 ? I don't understand.
Because my install.esd is a compressed file ?

It did not say it was a compressed file........

istall.esd.JPG

Reaction score
It is a Electronic Software Download . It is not compressed, but is viewed as such. Trust me, I use the program many times and that is the option you need.

Reaction score
Ahh!! Come on David. Either way it wont harm the computer. You will either end up with the ISo or it will abort.

Reaction score
10049 ISO file created using the esd to iso method.
Saved it to an USB drive.
In light of the leak a over the web, it won't take long for MS to release the "real " ISO.
At least I know I have the right method in the event I need it.

Reaction score
http://microsoft-news.com/download-windows-10-build-10049-iso-images/
Yesterday, Microsoft released Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 to Fast Ring users Windows Insiders. Microsoft announced that they are not releasing ISOs for Windows 10 Build 10049 during Fast Ring release cadence. users need to update through Windows update. Microsoft will release ISOs when they release the build for Slow Ring users.

With the images downloaded from Windows update server, WinAero has created an ISO. You can download this ISO using a torrent client and install it on your PC. File size comes around 3GB.

Download Windows 10 build 10049 x64 ISO image

Download Windows 10 build 10041 x86 ISO image

Reaction score

It does not work for me.
I downloaded the 86 version to a USB drive ( 4 GB capacity ), and I tried a clean install
Instead of changing the boot order, I just simply right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup ( I am used to see Setup.exe, but this one has only Setup. So, I clicked it anyway )
Error message says it can't be started. Asked to reboot and try again.
Rebooted, started again. Same error.

Ask a Question