SOLVED 13 Google Chromes opens at startup

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why there are so many google chromes at startup? I've done my due diligence and I do not have the Trojan.Poweliks. I do not have nor want Google Chrome to start up at start up...unless it's necessary and does not impede speed. They do all open up in the proper location.

Any thoughts out there?

Best Regards
mlt

Reaction score
Got me to where and what I needed to know. Task Manager, Startup....and nothing here needs to be running at startup for Win 10 to operate. I disabled all except my McAfee Scheduler.
HOWEVER:
I will ask the question again a bit differently. Because I kind of knew about that page. It's the Processes / Background that I have issues with.

thanks
mlt

Reaction score
I was in task manager just last night. I had a program I had deleted (Pluto TV) , there it was running at startup
There it was enabled, I look again everywhere my abilities would take me and couldn't find anything. So I just disabled it. Don't ever download a program that wants to bundle with the program you want. (I got it with some torrent site I wanted to check out) . It replicates its self ! ! !

You know : I had a problem with my browser, so I deleted it and reloaded it with EDGE (I use FireFox) the problem went away. This process even saved my Favorites , but just in case (if you do this ) try to back them up.

Again : Put the program name and problem on Google or here for that matter.
I had a program that I wanted to stop running in the background (and I did that) and the info. I got there helped me to stop it .

Last edited:

Ask a Question