18353 preview iso needed!!

Reaction score
I have been away from my computer for 6 months due to septic shock, surgery and prolonged rehab. The p[review from March says it is expired. The update fails every time. Windows Update Troubleshooter will not run. SFC finds damaged files, can not fix them. DISM can not find source on line.

I need the 64 bit version for Pentium. It is not in the UUP Dump. The x86 and AMD versions will not work. How can I get the correct ISO?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The current ISOs that are available are downloadable at this link
However, I don't see any ISO for the 18353 build you are looking for.

IF you have any trouble with the first load of the page, don't do anything special, just hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and strike the F5 key. There is something up with that download page and a lot of people are reporting issues, but it should work OK after you do the Ctrl + F5 refresh.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
The current ISOs that are available are downloadable at this link
However, I don't see any ISO for the 18353 build you are looking for.

IF you have any trouble with the first load of the page, don't do anything special, just hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and strike the F5 key. There is something up with that download page and a lot of people are reporting issues, but it should work OK after you do the Ctrl + F5 refresh.

View attachment 10511
Thanks for the link, Trouble! The list it gave me was far shorter. I am downloading 18363. It is a safe bet that DISM will report that it can not locate the source.

I am trying to avoid a clean install. Windows has never allowed me to keep my files and apps.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good luck.
Once you have secured the ISO....
Try disconnecting your computer from the net as well as disconnecting any and all unneeded peripherals.
Then double click the ISO to mount it and run setup.exe from there and make sure you choose the option "Not now" or not at this time when prompted to obtain updates during the install.

Reaction score
100% bad luck:mad:
DISM can't use that iso's install.wim. Rufus reported "access denied" on two known good usb sticks and now both are dead. The computer thinks it's dvd writer is a floppy. All avenues are closed.

Reaction score
then the install.wim is corrupt. that issue has been know depends on which uup decoder was used....
the new decoder has been fixed if you use:
https://uupdump.ml/ to download with also
adquard fixed his decoder: https://uup.rg-adguard.net/

not sure if you meant 18363 or 18362 or exactly which one and some ISOs have install.esds not install.wims so the DISM command used is different for .wim or .esd.
info this way:
dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:G:\sources\install.esd

and depends if then use to wim to esd or esd to wim

dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\wim\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\wim\install.esd /Compress:Recovery /CheckIntegrity

dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\wim\install.esd /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\wim\install.wim /Compress:Recovery /CheckIntegrity

and the latest today is:
1570048048262.png

Reaction score
then the install.wim is corrupt. that issue has been know depends on which uup decoder was used....
the new decoder has been fixed if you use:
https://uupdump.ml/ to download with also
adquard fixed his decoder: https://uup.rg-adguard.net/

not sure if you meant 18363 or 18362 or exactly which one and some ISOs have install.esds not install.wims so the DISM command used is different for .wim or .esd.
info this way:
dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:G:\sources\install.esd

and depends if then use to wim to esd or esd to wim

dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\wim\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\wim\install.esd /Compress:Recovery /CheckIntegrity

dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\wim\install.esd /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\wim\install.wim /Compress:Recovery /CheckIntegrity

and the latest today is:
View attachment 10590
I gave up and did a clean install of the latest prieview.

Reaction score
I do hope you keep my how to fix, because Win10 Preview is buggy as a cockroach nest.
it takes very little time to run the commands. and you can also repair install faster than clean install cause you get to keep all your other programs....
Glad you have it fixed so far.

Ask a Question