Preview Build 18362.10019 (19H2)

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've yet to re-join the Insider program, so could one of you do me a favor please and check whether Microsoft have added a specific feature.

If you recall a while ago now Microsoft removed the Accessories option from the Add/Remove Windows Features via Control panel's Add/Remove Programs.

In lieu of this Microsoft added things to the Settings | Apps | Apps & Features with the Optional features hyperlink.

I was wondering have they finally re-introduced the ability to remove the Older MS Paint and some of the other older MS programs that typically are located in the Windows Accessories directory, via that new feature given earlier today someone was asking about this - I believe you, Trouble, may have all ready responded to that person.

Cheers

Regedit32

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This has been the topic of some hotly contested debates.
The removal of some legacy components such as Paint and WordPad and maybe a couple others and replacing them with an equivalent "Store App".
So far the genuine 32 bit applications remain within the list of "Windows Accessories" in the Start Menu and as of the latest Fast Ring Insider Build 18970.1005 I can find no option(s) in Control Panel "Programs and Features" / "Turn Windows features on or off" to remove them OR switch them off.

Reaction score
To switch them on, or off, would imply that they are still resident, I think. I have, in the past deleted them from the start menu, to free it up. Easy enough to re establish them if you wish.
But as they are all tucked inside that Accessories folder, it no longer is of concern to me. If I want them, there they are.

Ask a Question