39 days and counting

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like things may still be on track.
Microsoft has sent out the official press invites for an event in San Francisco on September 30, where we are almost certain that Windows 9 (codenamed Threshold) will be unveiled. The Windows 9 Technical Preview should be handed out to event attendees, and should also be available online on September 30 or very soon after.
SOURCE: http://www.extremetech.com/computin...ber-30-technical-preview-to-follow-soon-after

14 days and still counting.

Reaction score
Paul Thurrott seems to think that it is official.
It was interesting that Paul was saying that he hasn't seen any new features on the leaked videos. So either the leaked videos are an older build or for some reason all the features have been leaked.
Strange.

Paul's Articles:

It's Official: Microsoft to Unveil "Next Chapter" for Windows on September 30

Windows 9 Technical Preview Video Leaks: An Analysis

Windows 9 Technical Preview Virtual Desktops and Notification Center Video Leaks: An Analysis

Windows 9 Technical Preview Screenshots Leak: An Analysis (Part 1)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
6 days until the event and hopefully a means by which we can get our hands on the Tech Preview..... would be nice.
And
Counting.

Reaction score
Semi-interested? Yep that about describes my thoughts. But yet here I am on yet another forum, so I definitely can't say I'm not interested. lol

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well now that Windows 9 has been promoted to Windows 10, I'm way more interested. Who wouldn't be :)
AND
The Tech Preview may be available as early as tomorrow.
Microsoft will begin to release Technical Previews of Windows 10 tomorrow, starting with a version for laptops and desktops and following later with a version for servers.
SOURCE: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/30/6868899/windows-10-availability-technical-preview-tomorrow

So...... I guess I'm still counting.
1 more day?

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting a name change.

Does the customizations of the start menu include turning of the background solid colors? If not, I'm not interested in this version either.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the customizations of the start menu include turning of the background solid colors?
I'm certain that I don't know the answer to that question. Hell..... I couldn't even get the name right. :)
BUT
Maybe after tomorrow we might begin to get some answers to some of that type of question.

Reaction score
Be ready, Ian. Things can change. How about Windows X. , as it may be the last Windows, as we know it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the customizations of the start menu include turning of the background solid colors? If not, I'm not interested in this version either.
We'll find out soon enough, but I'm sure we can customise colours like that - I'd be amazed if not.

Reaction score
For those in a hurry, I would calculate it will be available in about 4hr.15 minutes from the time of this post, on the insider site.

Ask a Question