3D Builder: Error 0x80004005

Reaction score
I get this error code about 1 in 10 times when saving 3D models in MS 3D Builder (.3mf file format). message reads "Couldn't export that. Please try again. Error code: 0x80004005". Trying aga yeild the same result. I can Save As .stl, or .obj successfully, but not always .3mf. This can be very frustrating when working on complex models over a number of days, when despite frequent back-ups, work can be lost.

Note that the problem does occur with any consistency - it's about 1 in 10, but once it has happened for a particular file it sticks. Oh, and it also 'overwrites' the previous file of the same name - making the new one 0bytes before declaring it can't be saved.

Any ideas, anyone?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter
I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Further if the issue persists, try Method 2.

Method 2: Try Updating the App from the Store.

I suggest you to update the Apps with issues, from the Windows Store. This may resolve the issue. Refer the link below for details about updating Apps on Windows 10.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Hope this information is helpful.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks AnnieGeek. I've done Method 1, so we'll see if that works. Can't force recreate the problem as it happens intermittently, but we'll see if that fixes it.

Ask a Question