Green screen when streaming videos after win 10 builders update.

Reaction score
hello, when playing back videos using windows media player or streaming using the Edge browser I get sound but no video only a green screen. This does not happen in google Chrome. I've uninstalled and updated the video drivers for my video card which is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 on a Dell XPS laptop an still the same problem. It was after I updated to the Windows Builders update for Win 10 that this happened. I've also looked into adobe Flash player issues and the Flash plugin works fine in all browsers. I can't roll back the vid driver because in the settings for the video card is shaded out and can no be used.
I've tried the ATI catalyst Beta software to try an update but that also will not function. I'm running on 64 bit and also tried to go back to an earlier restore point and still this same green screen problem. I've run a bunch of full virus scans and found nothing that would cause this. To me I think somehow the program software or video codecs have been corrupted but I can't uninstall
Edge and reinstall it or do the same for the media player. I've been all over the internet, watched YouTube videos on the subject and still can't fine a solution . I do not want to reset or clean install but may have no choice. Anyone out there with some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Charlie S

Reaction score
For me I had to enable shockwave flash add on seems the WU disabled sometimes, this is in IE11 not sure what the equivalent would be in Edge?

Reaction score
The shockwave flash plugin is working fine and I still have the same green screen problems. The edge browser plays video clips on the news sites without a problem but when I go to Netflix of Vudu and stream the green screen accurses . Also when I play back my downloaded Camcorder videos the green screen happens too. All of this use to work fine about a month or so back before the builders update. Very odd.

Reaction score
Some video player is being blocked not sure what Netflix uses. Its seems they use H.264/AVC you have a setting that is blocking that.

I would look into your default player and insure your Edge settings aren't blocking it. Like I said I don't use edge so if someone else has any ideas jump on in here

Last edited:

Ask a Question