SOLVED A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

Reaction score
I get this error message every time on windows update. ( A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.) I have tried all fixes I could find and it remains. One tip suggests that it will go away after a time. I really doubt that. I have tried update troubleshooter, to no avail. I can`t identify the driver to search for it specifically, goes away so fast. I am concerned that it might interfere with any new future updated. I went through device and found no update option for anything. Am I borrowing trouble..? :) Any and all advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciatd...Jim

Reaction score
If you are running anything else but the Home edition, you can prevent Windows Update to install drivers via Group policy editor (gpedit.msc)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I get this error message every time on windows update. ( A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.) I have tried all fixes I could find and it remains. One tip suggests that it will go away after a time. I really doubt that. I have tried update troubleshooter, to no avail. I can`t identify the driver to search for it specifically, goes away so fast. I am concerned that it might interfere with any new future updated. I went through device and found no update option for anything. Am I borrowing trouble..? :) Any and all advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciatd...Jim
The only time I've ever seen that error message is when I'm manually updating a driver out side of my mobo certified drivers. Then it was only a few times. I just left well enough alone.

Reaction score
Tried most of the suggestions, Still no luck. I think I will just wait a while and see if it goes away. I have always manually checked for w-updates. Probably wrong thing to do...Thanke to alll...Jim

Reaction score
The only time I've ever seen that error message is when I'm manually updating a driver out side of my mobo certified drivers. Then it was only a few times. I just left well enough alone.

No luck yet, Might just wait a while and see if it goes away...Thanks to allllJim

Reaction score
Maybe this will help some else. I played a long shot and uninstalled my HP 5200 series printed, I removed all ruminants I could find. Restarted PC and reinstalled printer from HP and, Bingo no more error message trying to install another driver....Thanks to everyone, Much appreciated...Jim

Ask a Question