Error: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed.
All links give the following solution:

1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
2) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3) Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
4) Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

However, as soon as I uninstall " HUB USB Racine (USB 3.0) " (computer is in french and have no idea how to translate that...), I lose both my keyboard and my mouse. I then forced shut down my computer as I could not do anything...while turning it back on, I could not even type in my password as keyboard/mouse were still not working. I hopefully managed to recover them, by changing the USB Port they were connected to.

However, I still would like to solve this problem...and run the troubleshooter. Any other options?

Thanks a lot

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
However, as soon as I uninstall " HUB USB Racine (USB 3.0) " (computer is in french and have no idea how to translate that...), I lose both my keyboard and my mouse.
My first suggestion would be NOT to use any of the USB 3.0 ports for either of your two input devices (mouse and keyboard) save them for devices needing higher / faster throughput and use USB 2.0 ports instead.

Generally speaking it is often best to go to the source for third party drivers.
IF they are integrated on the motherboard then perhaps check with the motherboard manufacturer for that specific motherboard and revision number to see what they might have for drivers.
Otherwise check directly with the chipset manufacturer for drivers in which case you'll need to determine the actual translation.
You can often Google the Hardware IDs of a particular device to get an interpretation as pictured below.

HardwareIds.JPG

Yours will be different of course, because you'll be looking at your USB 3.0 controller not a random video card, but....
They are still located under the details tab of the properties dialog box of that specific device.

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!

Where can I find this " Nvidia GeForce GTX XXX Properties " window?

Maybe this can help you to solve my issue...

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (257).png
    Capture d’écran (257).png
    129.7 KB · Views: 333

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Where can I find this " Nvidia GeForce GTX XXX Properties " window?
Exactly what I didn't want to happen.
Your question has nothing to do with anything Nvidia as I stated above
Yours will be different of course, because you'll be looking at your USB 3.0 controller not a random video card
AND
located under the details tab of the properties dialog box of that specific device.
AND
As best I can tell from your attached images there does not appear to be anything wrong with your "Racine" USB controller or any of your USB controller or associated devices in Device Manager.

Reaction score
Yes, I don't have any problem with it. My only problem is the USB Troubleshooter.
It gives the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed.

I followed this thread: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-controller-failed-state-not-currently-installed
I tried solutions 1, 2 and 4. However, solution 4 said: " For best results, uninstall all USB devices, and then reboot the system. "
As soon as I uninstalled HUB USB Racine (USB 3.0), I lost my mouse/keyboard, as they were both on USB 3.0 ports, as you said. There is no problem with it, just want to get the troubleshooter to work correctly :)

Reaction score
Is your Realtek card reader an internal or external device? If it is external, try disconnecting it.

Chipset drivers have a lot to do with how other devices on a system behave. You might check your OEM for newer drivers for those.

But I also agree in that, if no yellow triangle with a code 10 is shown in Device Manager, unless there is another USB controller which a desktop system might have, you don't appear to be having any problems.

Ask a Question