D-Link - USB Internet Dongle (Stick) & ErrorID 734 on Windows 10

Reaction score
D-Link - USB Internet Dongle (Stick) & ErrorID 734

Windows 10 Home Single Language

After having tried to get connected to my service provider via D-Link using the "hidden administrator" account (Windows PowerShell:admin - net user administrator /active;yes) I kept on getting the "ErrorID 734" message. I went online for assistance, and the following was done:

3G Modem Properties:

- PPP, first two settings enabled except "Negotiate multi-link for single-link connections".

- Security, only "Allow these protocols" chosen - all 3 checked (for PPP & Security settings, please see attachment).

Again tried to get connected, but still the 734 message. Within "hidden administrator" I uninstalled the D-Link program, re-installed it and restarted my laptop. Checked and the PPP & Security settings still as above. Still cannot connect - ErrorID 734 very much alive.

Any other suggestions as to what I may try?

Attachments

• Images PPP & Security.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 603
Reaction score

After having tried to get connected to my service provider via D-Link using the "hidden administrator" account (Windows PowerShell:admin - net user administrator /active;yes) I kept on getting the "ErrorID 734" message. I went online for assistance, and the following was done:

3G Modem Properties:

- PPP, first two settings enabled except "Negotiate multi-link for single-link connections".

- Security, only "Allow these protocols" chosen - all 3 checked (for PPP & Security settings, please see attachment).

Again tried to get connected, but still the 734 message. Within "hidden administrator" I uninstalled the D-Link program, re-installed it and restarted my laptop. Checked and the PPP & Security settings still as above. Still cannot connect - ErrorID 734 very much alive.

Reaction score
Hi Johan.

do you have an on-board WiFi device?, have you deactivated that before installing the other one?. :)

Reaction score

3G Modem Properties:

3G Modem Properties:

Hi Johan.

do you have an on-board WiFi device?, have you deactivated that before installing the other one?. :)
Thanks for responding Wolfie. Just tried that; deactivated WiFi, un- and reinstalled D-Link, but still no go. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hi Johan,

what make and model is it?, maybe there are newer (or better) drivers for it?. :)

Reaction score
Hi again Wolfie. The USB dongle is not the problem in that it worked (got connected to the network provider), but I got a message that all the airtime had been used, which was incorrect in that I was suppose to have 1 Gig of data. After querying this, they indicated that they forgot to tell me about me having to enter certain information regarding the provider once I'm connected. Having entered the required info, the ErrorID 734 started popping up. I want to go and see them, but I doubt very much whether they will be able to help me (too much PT to explain this). I'm 90% sure they will place the "blame" on my settings. Thanks for responding again.

Reaction score
If I may, 1GB of data transfer isn't enough now a-days with a 64-bit version of Build updates running over 700MB which is about 3/4ths of that 1GB. Two such updates in the same month at that rate can get costly. The 32-bit updates run between 400MB and 500MB. 1024MB = 1GB

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Bighorn. While at home I have uncapped internet data. The USB stick (dongle) in question is only used while I am not at home and then I deactivate all updates until I get back home. My data usage while I am away is very little - only use it to check/send emails. At present I'm just trying to get the dongle to work. Had some light bulb moments last night which I'm going to try later today. If successful, I will advise within this Forum.

Ask a Question