SOLVED Saving link to favorites

Reaction score
Not a big deal, but would like to fix it. Running MS Edge. Recently, when saving a website to Favorites, it saves it to reading list, even though I choose to save to favorites. Any way to correct this?

Reaction score
There are 2 stars on the toolbar, one is the Reading and Favorites list and the one to the right with the 3 lines is Favorites. Press Ctrl + D to see more.

Reaction score
Sorry, Bighorn, when I go to site and want to save to Favorites by clicking on the GOLD star, it saves to reading list. It just started doing this recently.
saVE.JPG

Reaction score
These are the choices I have in Edge, black arrow and red arrow:

The icon at the red arrow is what I use. And it looks like the usual Ctrl + D for bookmarking is changed to Ctrl + I in Edge, actually seems to give different choices than in IE.

Reaction score
I have always used the gold star (black arrow) to save a page to favorites, and the other star (red arrow) to open favorites. When I posted this thread, I was on office computer, and I now see that I have the same problem on home computer. Not a big problem, just trying to get it to work like it did previously.

Reaction score
I cant see your problem? If you want to save a favourite you do have 2 options 'Favourites' and 'Reading list' so, you can choose between the two! The gold star (black arrow) is used when you want to 'save a shortcut' to your favourites and the star with the 3 lines (red arrow) is used when you want to open your favourite, from the list that you have saved your shortcuts to.

Btw, one thing that I do have a problem consistently and when I use MS Edge, is when I want to save a 'shortcut to my favourites' (gold star) and this feature 'does not open' and/or freezes and i do have to refresh the page and/or just forget about it, as it dosen't work at all. Which is abit annoying as I have to copy the hyperlink to a notepad or word document and come back to it later and try again but, that's in extreme cases.

Reaction score
My apologies. I kept trying to save the same site. I now find that other sites will save to favorites, but that particular one will not. I will mark the thread as solved and look further at the site. Thanks for the replies.

Ask a Question