Permanently saving cookies

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the home edition of Windows 10 & use Firefox. I apologize if there is information (re my question) on this site already-if so, I couldn't locate it. I periodically select "options" and then choose "remove individual cookies" and then remove all that aren't wanted but not deleting a select few ie banks, credit card accounts, etc. & in doing so I can avoid a verification process for that site on every future visit. To reiterate, I'd like to be able to remove all cookies yet have the select few mentioned above saved and not affected by the remove command.

Basically, I don't like my computer storing a gazillion cookies yet I'm too lazy to scroll through the list in order to not delete specific cookies. I just want to delete all cookies in one fell swoop and still have a select few unaffected. Am I making any sense? Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi odeek9,

Welcome to the Forum.

There is no specific way within Windows 10 to easily manage specific cookies, as each browser will handle and store them differently to another browser.

Mozilla Firefox as you all ready discovered allows you to manage your cookies individually via the Options, but that too is a little cumbersome at the end of the day when you may have hundreds of cookies, but only a handful you wish to keep.

I'm not a Firefox user, so I can't tell you whether there is an addon you can get for this browser that would allow you to more easily manage your cookies, however there is a third party application you could install for free which would allow you to set certain cookies to be saved, and then you can with one click delete all the other ones easily each time. That application is called Ccleaner and can be downloaded here: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

While you could choose to purchase this software, the free version will suffice for this job.

Once you have downloaded and installed it on your computer, when you open it in the left pane click on Options

Sample image

ccleaner.png

Next click on Cookies to view your cookies. The left pane contains all current cookies from all browsers you have used. The right pane is there to store cookies you do not wish to delete.

Sample image

ccleaner2.png

When you are ready to clean, simply click the Broom icon at top of left pane then in the bottom right corner of window click the Run cleaner button.

Sample image

ccleaner3.png

Note: You will need to use Ccleaner to delete all other cookies and spare the ones you want to keep; not your browser Option choice! If you used the browser Option, then you'll have to one by one delete the cookies you do not want.

For more information on the other options Ccleaner offers you, see the following documents on Ccleaner from Piriform here: https://www.piriform.com/docs

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32-I've used Ccleaner for years & it's a slick little program. However, I've tried to manage the cookies using it as you suggested but I can't find a way (unless one exists via a keyboard shortcut which I'm not very familiar with) to select all of the cookies listed that I don't want and delete them all at once. You know, like a "select all" editing choice. Therefore I still have to go through all of the cookies one at a time in order sort them out.

Reaction score
Nevermind-found the shortcut for "select all." Thanks again for your help!

Reaction score
Firefox will allow you to clear everything. Open settings menu top right (hamburger) select History, at the top of the pop up select Clear recent History and you will see another window for History selection to clear. I clear everything.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 560
Reaction score
Thanks but I don't want to clear everything. If I do-just one example: my bank won't allow me to use my password manager. I have to spend the time asking for a code to be sent to me. I'm not going to do that with every secured site. I found the answer by using Ccleaner's options. Thanks for your time though

Ask a Question