USB Link Adaptor

Reaction score
I have a USB Link Adaptor which I bought 3 years ago for Windows Easy Transfer [transferring data and settings from an HP machine running XP to Toshiba, current one running Windows 7].

I have bought a new laptop, an Acer Aspire and after updating the Toshiba one to free update of Windows 10, I want to use the Windows Easy Transfer way of transferring data and settings from Toshiba to Acer Aspire.

The question I have, is the USB Link Adaptor suitable to use to do this? It says on the packaging... Bus powered USB 2.0 host link adaptor allowing to migrate files and settings from existing laptop running Windows 7 to another new laptop running Windows 7 in conjunction with Windows Easy Transfer.

It's specification is USB Specification Version 2.0 and 1.1.
It supports Windows 7, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP2

I haven't updated Toshiba laptop to Windows 10 yet, because I just wondered whether I could use Windows Easy Transfer from Toshiba laptop as Windows 7 with the cable I have to Acer Aspire running Windows 10. I would like to keep Windows 7 as long as possible.

Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Won't the PCmover Express link do the same thing.
The software is produced by Laplink, which I think is the same company that may have made your transfer cable.
Otherwise, it apparently also will work over a network connection.
There is a link to the user guide in PDF format on that page. Page 7 of which suggests a Laplink USB Cable.... is that what you have?

Reaction score
I have had a look at the Laplink PCmover Express Link and for private home user it's free, of course first thing I saw was a price so assumed wrongly it would cost me money. The cable I have is a Newlink one which I don't think Newlink produce any more.

I will give the PCmover one a go at the weekend as I have a network connection.

Thank you very much for your help. I was hoping I could have done the transfer as easily as I did XP to
Windows 7 using the Newlink Adaptor. That was a stroll in the park to do... but lately my luck seems to have changed LOL

Ask a Question