Ableton 10 install issue

Reaction score
So I'm trying to install Ableton Live Suite 10. The install went fine, but when I tried to launch it I got the error message "The program can't start because api-ms-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll is missing". I downloaded the dll from somewhere online, and from memory there was already a copy of it in system32, which I replaced. Tried launching Ableton again, now I get the error "The procedure entry point ucrtbase._getche could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll". I tried editing the dll using Resource Hacker but the only folder I see is "Version Info". I don't really know anything about dlls but I was expecting to see, well, something resembling a "link library". A google search lists ucrtbase._getche among the "functions" contained in api-ms-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll, but I couldn't seem to find any information to help me here.

If anyone has any idea how I can solve this, your input would be much appreciated :~)

Last edited:

Ask a Question