SOLVED Access to folder is denied, see adminstration for permission

Reaction score
Upgraded to Windows 10 last night. Today, while on Google Chrome (my preferred browser) I tried to download an image into my folder (as I am the only user) and it says "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the picture folder instead?" Then when I answer yes, the same box comes up again telling me access is denied.

I had to save it under my Documents folder instead. I had access to all my folders prior to the install. I went under the picture folder/library properties and gave my username permission (the only one without permission) and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

upload_2015-7-30_12-18-2.png

Reaction score
I had to go to folder and grant permission. Problem is with upgrade to many folders with same name. I solved all problems by Wiping everything and going fresh start. Notification tab-all settings-update-recovery-reset PC-remove everything. You don't need another key but you can't go back so make sure that you want 10.

Reaction score
What do I have to do to do a clean install? Does that require me having to backup files, etc.?
See my post before this one. I have detailed instructions and no you won't need a key. You can also go to appropriate folder click on properties - then security- edit. You will be able to change it there to give you permission.

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I found out the problem with getting access to my folders was because it had registered me on a public
network instead of a private one. Once I changed the network status to private, I no longer had the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Ask a Question