Unable to access Folder on a NAS drive

Reaction score
After updating to Windows 10 I keep getting the following when trying to access a folder on the Network Drive:

upload_2016-4-7_14-22-8.png

The userid and password i am using are correct ... Displaying the connections to the drive show nothing is connected ???

would appreciate some help - Thanks

Reaction score
Can you get to the Admin page of the drive?

Are you using a Microsoft account and the possibly the full user ID including the entire e-mail address?

Do you get the sign in box?

Reaction score
I can log on to the drive - using the admin page - the user-id is one of the users defined on the drive (not Windows, Not Email) Yes I get the sign in box and I use a user id and password that are defined on the drive. I might add that i have a second NAS drive on the same (Home) network and I can access it without any problems ??? I don't think its an SMB issue as I can see the drive when I expand the Network Files.

Reaction score
Do you feel the error message part about sharing the resource by multiple connections or by more than one user name could be the real cause of the problem? Are there media servers involved or might you be logged on using a Microsoft account and Local account?

In many cases an error message may not be relevant to the situation. If you think this one is we need to work through what it is saying.

Reaction score
there is a media server involved (itunes) although it is not active at this time. As far as I know I am only logged on with a local account and if there were multiple connections I would surely see them using the 'Net' command ?

Reaction score
I can access my NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS) with more than one system at the same time.

But every now and then it get lost and I have to sign into it again. When the Credentials window opens I sign in and if it works, I have full access until it breaks again.

There have been situations where the NAS is listed in the Network Explorer windows but I can only get to the public folders, which I assume means I am not logged in correctly.

On both of my systems, my local account used the same name as my User folders. If you were to be using the alias which Windows 10 likes to set up it might make a difference.

Reaction score
As far as I know I'm not using the Alias. I've noticed something else. On the NAS drive that I can access if I right click on a folder and then select properties I get a 'Security' Tab. Doing the same on the other NAS Drive I don't get a security Tab ???? Gets stranger and stranger .... HELP

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The security tab is dependent on the underlying format of the drive.
NTFS = Security Tab
Fat32 = No security tab.

Reaction score
After updating to Windows 10 I keep getting the following when trying to access a folder on the Network Drive:

View attachment 2711

The userid and password i am using are correct ... Displaying the connections to the drive show nothing is connected ???

would appreciate some help - Thanks
did you ever get this fixed? I just completed a build and with loading Win10, I am getting the same exact scenario as you....literally the same exact. Two seperate drives, that are shared folders that I can see on my Network, can access one and then the other gives me the error message you posted. Makes zero sense....please tell me you gotta fix...thanks!

Reaction score
Have you gotten the latest cumulative update, KB3194496? It was supposed to contain some fixes for such situations.

And verify you are running the latest Win 10 version by typing winver in a Run box and hit enter.

Reaction score
I have got the latest update and running the Anniversary edition update. I am stumped still.

Ask a Question