Windows Live Mail unable to access

Reaction score
I have tried some of the suggested remedies on here all to no avail.I tried to find " C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\WindowsLive\Mail\wlmail.exe but on my computer it said the file does not exist.
I have long periods where I cannot access my emails & storage files then suddenly Windows Live Mail starts working again.
This has all happened since the Windows 10 " upgrade" Grateful for any help!

Reaction score
I did a clean install of the creators update & Windows Essentials won't install, error saying cannot install WLX.language, however I found it did install but upon opening the mail it showed another error. My pc became slow after install so I removed all WE from my pc. I suspect that the program is no longer compatible with Windows 10 after the CrU.

Reaction score
I did a clean install of the creators update & Windows Essentials won't install, error saying cannot install WLX.language, however I found it did install but upon opening the mail it showed another error. My pc became slow after install so I removed all WE from my pc. I suspect that the program is no longer compatible with Windows 10 after the CrU.

Thanks for your reply.I wonder if anyone has uninstalled Windows 10 because of this issue or am I trying to go back to the dark ages? I like Windows Live Mail & I have work stuff stored on there.

Reaction score
I wouldn't uninstall the CrU just to get WLMail working without errors, as the inbuilt mail app is ok to an extent - I miss WLMail's ability to not show the preview pane in the junk mail folder for each account which the mail app doesn't have (I've given feedback for that) - I had folders under storage with WLMail which I had trouble moving the emails from, but I managed it using WLMail once.

Ask a Question