PC's Unable to be accessed via LAN connections error 0x800700

Reaction score
I have been in the process of trying to create a VPN in windows 10 so that two of my stores locations can access POS software on a computer acting as a server at one location. After finally getting the VPN to connect, I was attempting to figure out how to access shared folders. After a restart, the LAN connection at on store no longer works. to be clear this was working fine before the restart. Now neither of the two computers at on location can access the shared folders on either computer. They can see each other in the windows explorer but if you click on the device, I receive the error that the network path could not be found. I figured that the issue was caused by me playing with the network settings to get the VPN to work. So I begrudgingly reset the network settings on both computers via the windows 10 network reset and reset the router to factory settings. I am still unable to connect to either PC. I brought in my laptop to see if I could connect to either PC via a direct LAN connection (bypassing the router) to no avail. I am at a loss for what to do. I consider myself a capable user but networking has never been my strong point. Also I have verified that the folders are shared and accessible by everyone on the network and have tried disabling the windows firewall and that didn't seem to have any effect. Let me know what info you might need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1709

Build 16299.309

ATT Uverse router **** NVG599

Reaction score
I have been in the process of trying to create a VPN in windows 10 so that two of my stores locations can access POS software on a computer acting as a server at one location. After finally getting the VPN to connect, I was attempting to figure out how to access shared folders. After a restart, the LAN connection at on store no longer works. to be clear this was working fine before the restart. Now neither of the two computers at on location can access the shared folders on either computer. They can see each other in the windows explorer but if you click on the device, I receive the error that the network path could not be found. I figured that the issue was caused by me playing with the network settings to get the VPN to work. So I begrudgingly reset the network settings on both computers via the windows 10 network reset and reset the router to factory settings. I am still unable to connect to either PC. I brought in my laptop to see if I could connect to either PC via a direct LAN connection (bypassing the router) to no avail. I am at a loss for what to do. I consider myself a capable user but networking has never been my strong point. Also I have verified that the folders are shared and accessible by everyone on the network and have tried disabling the windows firewall and that didn't seem to have any effect. Let me know what info you might need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1709

Build 16299.309

ATT Uverse router Arris NVG599

Correction the error code is 0x80070035

Reaction score
Just for interest. Have you put the error code into Google and scanned through the answers. This will often find your exact solution . Put the whole code in including the 0x

Ask a Question