Removing unwanted apps from all Windows 10 PC's

Reaction score
We're looking at using Windows 10 at our school. I've got a few for testing. One of the things I'm trying to figure out how to do is remove things like the XBOX tile. Things we don't want students in during a class etc. Anyway I can't seem to find a way of removing them. I've found several pages listing powershell commands but they don't work. At least not for the xbox tile. Also I need a way of doing this for all PC's group policy or registry so I don't have to do it one by one. Has anyone found a way of doing this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've used this process in the past and it seemed to work for me.
http://pureinfotech.com/2015/10/22/how-uninstall-apps-powershell-commands-windows-10/
As far as group policy, you might need a Windows 2016 Server for it to be totally aware of the new Universal Apps.
Which by the way is still in development.

If the machines are identical couldn't you just set one up like you want it, sysprep it and use that to create an OOBE image to run on the others?

IDK and it's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to play with any of that stuff.

Reaction score
I've tried that. It runs, doesn't error like in the screen shot but it doesn't remove the Xbox tile.

Ask a Question