SOLVED Finding and removing Grammarly

Reaction score
Earlier this afternoon I downloaded a widely advertised free program called Grammarly. I really don't like it at all, and would like to remove it from my computer. I find it intrusive and nagging.

I've been to the Control Panel, and checked the programs installed on my computer. But I can't find Grammarly at all. How can I get rid of it?

Reaction score
It's most likely in your downloads folder, click on it and there may be an uninstall option??
It appears to be a shady vendor, and all they want is your money.
It's too bad you didn't check the reviews before downloading.
https://www.complaintsboard.com/grammarly-b120136

I find it's good practice when you download files off the internet to select "File Save As"
then you will know for sure where the files are going. If you right click on the program, select properties it should show you the full download file path. I use, Fire Fox browser, it saves files to My Documents > Downloads by default.

Reaction score
If you installed it into FireFox web browser, look at "Tools > Add-ons" and then maybe plugins or extensions and remove it from there!. :)

Reaction score
If you installed it into FireFox web browser, look at "Tools > Add-ons" and then maybe plugins or extensions and remove it from there!. :)

Just wanted to say that. I googled "Grammarly" and found it is a Browser extension for Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers.
If you want to get rid of it, do as Wolfie suggested (analog for the other browsers as well)..

Reaction score
Many thanks to you all.

I followed Ian's advice, but couldn't find it in the list of apps so coudn't delete it.

I don't remember using Firefox to download it, but had been using it before I downloaded Grammarly. So I'll have a try at following Wolfie's advice.

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

let us know if it fixes the problem so it helps others please!. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I don't see any sign of Grammarly on my computer as a whole, but there was an icon on Firefox. I've deleted the icon, and stumbled through the apps on Firefox, and don't see any sign of Grammarly activity. But I really didn't know what I was doing, so can't give an outline here.

I do get nagging emails from them, to which I have replied to no avail, so I've marked the emails as junk.

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

did you look at "Tools > Add-ons" in the top panel of FireFox? (If the menu isn't showing, right click the top panel of FF and select show menu!). :)

Reaction score
I was getting weird anomalies to my timeline, in Skype, Line and Viper so decided to uninstall grammarly , took it out of chrome but tried the System/Settings folder to remove it from Office but cant find any reference to apps in the Menu which starts at Display and ends with About - help! please

Reaction score
I installed grammarly on my mom's computer and i need to delete it NOW. she says its a hewlett-packard computer. I looked in the text but none of the advice worked. im 11 and don't know a lot about computers, any way to explain ow i can delete this dump app?

Reaction score
Open FF settings and look for extensions, add or remove what you don't want!. :)

Ask a Question