Finding my games

Reaction score
Yesterday I downloaded "Candy Crush Saga" , "Jewel Fever" & " Jewels Crush legend" & cannot find them anywhere so I can play them. I have apps listed in the start menu but nothing opens when I click on it. Are they games I can only play online? Noticed one of the Jewel games required buying coins or something, what is that about & does that mean really using actual money to buy them. If I don't want the games how do I uninstall them? I also downloaded M/S Jackpot for the Solitaire suite not realizing u have to go online to play it, can I uninstall that too? Do nt have a huge amount of data to use up playing games on line. Sorry this Windows 10 is too confusing for me a lot of the time & I thought 8.1 was hard.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Cass,

Clicking Start > All apps will display installed apps.

When you left-click on one of those games you installed it ought to start. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the action to open the window.

If you do not want the game any more, right-click the app then choose Uninstall.

In Windows 10 you can choose to save/install an app you download anywhere you like, however, presuming you did not change the default location, apps from Windows Store are saved/installed to:
  • %localappdata%\Packages

If you copy & paste that into address bar of file explorer, then press Enter key it will open for you.

%localappdata% is a shorthand method to save typing:
    C:\Users\<Username you log in with here>\AppData\Local

• AppData is a System folder normally hidden from view. You can view it in a couple of ways:
    • In File Explorer click the View tab then check the box next to Hidden items
    • Or in File Explorer click File > Change folder and search options then click View tab then check the radio button next to Show hidden files, folders, and drives, then click Apply and OK
    • If you have all ready navigated into a folder in file explorer then:
      • Click File > Options |click View tab | Check the radio dot next to Show hidden files, folders, and drives | then click Apply and OK

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Cass.

RegEdit explained it correctly. When you install any ap from the Windows Store, it goes into the Start Menu in the bottom left corner of your screen. When you click on all aps or all programs, you will see the new ones listed under "New." Right-click on them to add them to the Metro (tile) interface if you want.

Reaction score
Unfortunately Apps is still empty. Tried both L & R clicks. I wrote the names of the games I downloaded into the search box with Start & the Small window says " you'll need a new app to open this winrt". Look for app in the store & tick always use this app."

Tried the File Explorer & got the same window & message. Tried again & under "View" Hidden items is a beige square with underneath Radio button in & Don't show hidden files etc & underneath that show hidden files. Touched nothing. Did the C & P of that address & got windows cannot find etc & check spelling & try again. Had opened & played the games online so totally confused. Able to download & play games from the Store on my mobile phone & tablet no problems & I though 8.1 was hard.

Reaction score
Thank u, now have two games in the MS Solitaire Collection I was able to play anytime now when i go to open them the Store window tries to open.

Reaction score
Wondering if this might help someone come up with an answer. If I enter for example, Magic Touch saga into the search box under Start, in the window that opens if I go to that & put the mouse over it I get ” winrt:// {s-1-5-21-3883376768-855627119-2414235149-1001 } /LS/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy/AppProviders/{6B431EF3-3C8C-4192-A8BF-ODB7A576951C} “

If I click on Magic Touch Saga I get a window that says “ u will need a new app to open this winrt. Look for a new app in the store. I click on that & it highlights the ok & a store window opens saying “ your search for winrt had no results” . Now even more confused.

Reaction score
Finally found out what the problem was, the technician who Downloaded Windows 10 updated other stuff but did not update Classic Shell & that was the cause. Now all up to date & working fine.

Ask a Question