SOLVED Finding DNS Primary & Secondary numbers?

Reaction score
I have to fill a registration form out for my Epson printer, they need the Primary and Secondary DNS numbers. I thought I knew my way around my PC but after a spell in hospital, I have come back to changes everywhere! Windows 10 seem to have altered the way I usually find things!
Please can you tell me where I can find these numbers?

Lottie B

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Right click the start button and choose "Network Connections"
It should default to Ethernet or Wi-Fi, if not select which one you are using from the left column.
Then simply click the connection in the main center panel and you should see the information you need

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Why would a printer registration care about the owners network ?

I would fill in Google's numbers if it were me 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or even their IPV6 numbers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK... I just figured the OP needed it to configure / setup Epson Connect or some other similar cloud printing feature

Reaction score
I quite understand if he had said that he had to enter the DNS he used into the printer...but a registration form? Oh well.

Reaction score
I would not give them anything from my network as it provides remote access. Why would they need it anyway?? Sounds fishy to me...

Reaction score
Whatever. Trouble answered the question that was asked. The op can investigate further, if wished, after the friendly remarks..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have my own personal level of paranoia (rational or irrational) but I try not to pass it along.
I assumed that the OP was simply doing as he described..... filling out a registration form for his Epson Printer.
I've purchased many a new printer over the years, both Epson and HP and have yet to fill out my first "registration form".
I've just never seen the upside. IF the printer doesn't work out of the box, I take it back to where I bought it.
IF the printer goes bad over time, I just buy a new one as it's generally out of any warranty by that time anyway and they're pretty much disposable now a days.

Never crossed my mind that the OP was or might be caught up in a phishing scam.

Reaction score
All those DNSaddresses would do is point to the OPs ISP do it is probably safe enough.
I don't register stuff either

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Right click the start button and choose "Network Connections"
It should default to Ethernet or Wi-Fi, if not select which one you are using from the left column.
Then simply click the connection in the main center panel and you should see the information you need

View attachment 8029

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I should have looked at the site properly, I posted a reply on your profile page, oops!

After clicking on "Network Connections" nothing was the same! No list on left or right, I landed on the settings page, this gave me options to > Change Adapter Options, Sharing Options, Home Group, or Network Trouble shooter.
I clicked on everything which was not going to blow up!
Did find a number on Network Connection Details, it was different to the normal IP Default, so I will try that.
Nowhere was there a Primary or Secondary DNS Listed.
I do wish Windows would not keep changing things, and tell you afterwards

Thanks for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose "Run" from the context menu.
In the Run dialog box type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter or click OK
When that opens the Network Connections window all available adapters should be shown.
Right click the one you are using and choose "Status"
Then click on the "Details" button
That should display all relevant information

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question