Several PC's Remotely Accessing My Computer

Reaction score
Hello all, I have several PC's accessing my computer remotely. It seems I've contracted a virus, and looks like they are making transactions through my account? Can you please have a look ? I'm already using Wireshark to find out what's going on. These guys are good at what they do too, even permissions are locked.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Forum.

Before leaping to the conclusion someone is hacking your computer it would be helpful if you check your Update & security settings:
  • Click Start > Settings cog > Update & security > Advanced options > Choose how updates are delivered

This will open the following window:

Untitled.png

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you press Windows key and S key together to give focus to Search field type remote access then with mouse select Allow remote access to your computer which will open this window:

Untitled2.png

Bif

Reaction score
Hmmm, very interesting!! I had turned this off (remote access) when I first did the 10 upgrade..after reading this thread I decided to check it just for sh**s and giggles and low and behold it was enabled again..now I'm going to check it with every update that MS throws at us as it's becoming more and more apparent that they cannot be trusted in any way shape or form..

Reaction score
Yes I've also had it mysteriously turn ON also the radio button selected for updates for PC's on the internet.
I noticed the extra background (upload) activity after the Anniversary update, I lost many MB if not GB with updates to other PC's on the internet. Still cant figure out why MS approved data piracy.

Bif

Reaction score
Just another thing that I will be diligent about checking after each and every update..big or small.My trust in their abilities wane with each passing day and even though I have all telemetry as well as MS snooping turned off, I'm positive it makes NO difference one bit...now data piracy on top of everything!
Let the daily migraine live on!

Reaction score
I call all the switches and radio buttons with Windows 10 the Microsoft Placebo Effect. They look good, do nothing, but, boy they sure make users feel good.
I selected not to download apps from the store, but, every time I go back and check the setting it's always ON.

Bif

Reaction score
I call all the switches and radio buttons with Windows 10 the Microsoft Placebo Effect. They look good, do nothing, but, boy they sure make users feel good.
I selected not to download apps from the store, but, every time I go back and check the setting it's always ON.
Norton,
It appears that even though I unchecked "Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this computer", upon reboot it's once again checked...this behaviour doesn't surprise me but as you said and nailed I might add, I think most of the settings MS put in place to make the end user feel as if he has control over his or her computer is nothing but a placebo.
I double checked my update history to see if one squeaked by but nothing new, just a reboot.

Reaction score
Matt, if you want to watch who is accessing your system you can use the Resource Monitor to check all the connections. I don't know what Wireshark is so maybe it does the same thing.

If you have noticed some type of activity, could you be specific about what you see?

Ask a Question