SOLVED Windows 10 is denying me access to my pictures folders

Reaction score
I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I have a folder with many sub folders for my pictures. Every time I try to open one of the folders it tells me that access is denied and to click Continue to gain access. I click continue and it comes back and tells me that that I have been denied access and to click on the security tab to give myself permission. I have done that on two of the folders and the boxes of the pictures comes up but the actual picture does not show in the box. When I click on the picture to open, it opens up Paint Shop Pro, which is the program they were edited in, it says Unable to open the file. This is ridiculous. I do not have the time to go through each folder (213 of them) and then still not be able to open the pictures. Is there anyway to give myself permission to open my pictures successfully? When I go to permissions it shows that I have full access to every file on my computer but I still can't open these files. Any help would be appreciated. I have just about had it with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Make another folder. Give it any name you like. Select all of you pictures and copy them to the new folder and see if they can open from there.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Make another folder. Give it any name you like. Select all of you pictures and copy them to the new folder and see if they can open from there.
The problem with that solution was that Windows wouldn't let me open, copy, delete, view, etc. with this folder. Thanks to a suggestion that I download & install a program to take ownership of my files I am up and working again.

Ask a Question