Account Management

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to Windows 10. Longtime Windows 7 user. I tried to add a separate account on my laptop for my wife but it seems somehow I made her the administrator of my account.

I thought I was adding a new account via the "Add a family member" option. She signed in with her hotmail account and all of a sudden she's the administrator on what used to be my account. It even changed the lock-screen password I had on my laptop to her email password. I cant seem to undo this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
If you want to add another person then you were in the right place already but should have added (OTHER PEOPLE) instead of a (Family Member). Just click on [Add someone else to this PC]. But beware that MS will love to add another Email account through that.
On the next screen, click on [I don't have this person's sign in information]
Then (if you do not want to use a MS account) click on [add a user without a Microsoft account]
After that enter the User name and password and it will be the same as in Windows 7...

to undo what you have done, somebody else has to chime in as I never use my MS account to log in...

Reaction score
Thank you. I figured out how to get my account back. I had to add a local account (no MS email), then I could delete all other accounts (e.g. wife's MS account).

Ask a Question