Administrator login was the only one I was on Windows 8...

Reaction score
I yesterday made the decision to upgrade my gaming laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I only ever signed in to the Administrator account on Windows 8, and have no access to the other accounts that Windows 10 has linked for me.

The Administrator has disappeared and that is the only password that I know.

I have been searching for a way to remedy this so that I can continue to use that laptop, but so far I can't see anything for those who can't get into Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated and more information can be provided upon request.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I only ever signed in to the Administrator account
By "Administrator account" do you mean the normally hidden by default, true "Administrator"?
If so, then you may have your work cut out for you, because it was probably disabled (hidden) again by the Windows 10 upgrade.

You can try this
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
It has the ability (read through the listed accounts and select "administrator) to enable that account and clear the (if any) existing password.

Burn it to a CD or USB ThumbDrive.
The instructions are there in the How to section.

You may have to.....
1. Set your computer BIOS to boot to your optical drive or USB drive or select from the boot menu at startup
AND
2. I don't know if the latest version will support UEFI so you might have to switch temporarily to Legacy boot to get it to work.

I haven't tried it in Windows 10 yet so let us know if it works or not.

Ask a Question