Administrator Problem

Reaction score
hello
I change my administrator account to user account, now I have problem with windows 10 and I cant install any app, I cant made administrator account again and I cant open my command prompt (Admin)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might be able to use System Restore, to go back to a point in time prior to you having made those changes.
IF not....
You're going to need the installation media to boot your system and then a bit of fancy foot-work to enable the hidden administrator account, and....
Afterwards you should be able to fix the changes you've made to your user account.
http://pureinfotech.com/how-reset-windows-10-forgotten-password-regain-access-computer/

Reaction score
wait a minute, that is only possible if you have more than one account on your pc.Therefore you have to have another administrator account beside your current user account. On my pc I have only ONE account and I cannot change that from Administrator to Standard User.

Reaction score
Grizzly Time to create Grizzly2 Standard User so you have a safety net. I've always had 2 accounts with Win 10. A PC Administrator account and Norton standard user. I use the standard user account for everyday business, the admin account is strictly for administration approvals and maintenance.

Reaction score
regular images are the best friend so no need for a user account (and I am always careful - never had a problem). What I wanted to specify in my previous post is this: the TO has to have another admin account or he would not be able to change his admin account to a standard user account. Therefore he needs to login the other admin account to be able to get his own account changed back to admin again. I hope I explained it understandable....

Ask a Question