SOLVED Administrator Problems

Reaction score
I've solved the administrator issue but not the one about all the settings reverting after a reboot. Believe it or not, a malware problem might be the issue with not having admin rights to folders. I actually had all my music files delete themselves twice. Finally I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes and ran it both in normal and safe mode and then logged in as the hidden administrator account. It found several malwares that both microsoft and trendmicro did not. Once they were gone, my administrative rights issue went away. However, each time I reboot, I still have to redo all my customized settings like shutting off the tap and stretch on my touchpad. But I would suggest you all check for malware if you are having admin rights issues.

Reaction score
I've got a similar problem but worse.
I changed my windows account from Admin to standard user.
I cannot swap it back or activate the disabled standard Admin account because i need Admin permission.,
When i get the pop-up box with "You need admin permission" and then it asks me to ener password but there is no password box.
I tried cmd and activate the admin account but the admin: command promt doesn't work because there is no admin active.
Can I turn my profile/acoount back to Admin?

Ask a Question