SOLVED After 10 days of working great, cannot open Edge to access Internet

Reaction score
Windows 10 worked great after initial download and installation. After 10 days, started seeing long delays in accessing the internet which I attributed to CHARTER (TV, phone, and internet). Now, when I try to open Edge, I get an error message:

Windows 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer.EXE

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can still open my eMail (Yahoo! Mail) through the Explorer logo in the Startup Box, but when I click on links in an eMail message, nothing happens.

When I click to open Edge, the screen shows a quick white outline of the Edge (large Blue box), then disappears!

The Internet must still be working...my eMail messages are updated as usual, and I am receiving all the Windows 10 Updates as indicated in Settings.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the start button, all apps, windows accessories, Internet Explorer
Does that seem to work?

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick comeback.

Early this morning, I found that there were two Windows 10 Upgrades waiting for me to Download and Install. Took better part of 2 hours to do so, then I shut down my HP Pavillion e9250tPC and grabbed some shut-eye. Didn't turn my computer on until about 9pm this evening. Opened my eMail in the normal manner, and found a Message from Windows 10 about Explorer 11 (and how Explorer 11 now protects my settings from unauthorized third-party changes to my default search engine).

I followed the instructions for setting my Home Page and my default Search engine, then held my breath as I opened up my Yahoo! eMail account again. I opened an eMail, and clicked on a link which for the past several frustrating days did not open up after connecting to the internet. Thankfully, it opened up just like it used to do! I checked for the same action with another eMail, and the same result!

I shut down Yahoo! Mail and typed "flightsim.com" in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to the Start Button...after about 10 seconds, it went right to the correct page (as it has done on my Wife's computer ever since she upgraded to Windows 10 about 5 weeks ago), and I clicked on the first entry, and opened up right to the Home Page Website!!

I just now clicked on the Microsoft Edge Icon in my Taskbar, and it opened up correctly! I will put off any type of celebration for a few days until I know for sure that Windows 10 is behaving as it should!

PROBLEM SOLVED! I hope this may help someone else who has had the same problem, or may run into the same problem in the future.

Ask a Question