AOL as homepage

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The upgrade should not impact your home page settings in whichever browser you are using. Those should remain the same.
You will have to set it manually in Edge, which is not a particularly difficult task. If you have problems post back.

Reaction score
The upgrade should not impact your home page settings in whichever browser you are using. Those should remain the same.
You will have to set it manually in Edge, which is not a particularly difficult task. If you have problems post back.

I followed the instructions because I hate Edge and like AOL so I thought Brilliant, straight into it. Reality is very different. It has totally knackered my new computer. I click Edge and I get a blank page. With some persistence I finally get ino AOL but everything is so slow and if I get into aol I can go no further so search is out of the question. How the hell do I put this mess right???????

Leajayse

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
click the three dots in the top right corner and choose settings.
you should see this

Capture.JPG

Select the radio button that says "A specific page" and choose Custom
Click the X to get rid of anything that is there and then enter
http://www.aol.com/
into the "Enter a web address" box
click the + sign to save it and close and open Edge.

Reaction score
Made no difference. I click Edge and I get blank page/can't reach this page. Try a new tab and get same.

Leajayse

Reaction score
When I was working I kept losing the display driver. Wonder if there's something wrong with the laptop.

Leajayse

Reaction score
Spoke to the tech people at customer service and laptop being replaced. Thank God!

Thanks for your help but I think I'll leave Edge alone from now on.

Leajayse

Ask a Question