SOLVED Sounds for the new AOL Desktop Gold don't work

Reaction score
I was forced by AOL recently to update to their new AOL Gold because the previous version was being discontinued in December. I switched and ever since I did, in the 'Sounds' section, AOL Desktop Gold is nowhere to be found. The previous versions were always at the end and I always changed the sounds to what I wanted. Now I can't. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Mike

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Wow....I didn't know it was still around much less being used!

So is this just for emails or is this a browser or a ISP connection?

Reaction score
Wow....I didn't know it was still around much less being used!

So is this just for emails or is this a browser or a ISP connection?
I think AOL has always had their own browser, which I really don't care for, but I use it anyway to access my emails, even though I know I can always go on aol.com to get them. I just got so used to their desktop to read emails and see news and have a Buddy List (to see family members, friends and coworkers who are also on AOL that happen to be online so we can chat). But I always used my own sounds instead of using AOL's default sounds. Now, it doesn't seem possible. There is no Program Event in the Sounds settings section of Windows 10 any longer.

Reaction score
Anyone? I too use aol for my emails and news. I was able to change the sounds in the "sounds" section, but now aol is no longer listed. Can anyone help me ( and MikeyD53 as well) Please ....I don't want aol sounds.

Reaction score
I was able to switch out my sounds for Desktop Gold by copying and renaming my Celebrity Sounds files in the AOL 9.8.2 folder and replacing the same files in this folder:

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\AOLDesktop\app-11.0.1550\AudioResources\en-us

Rename the sound files you want to be the same as the ones in the AOL Gold sound folder and copy them over. Easy and quick, though it took me some time to find the AOL Gold files!

Reaction score
I was able to switch out my sounds for Desktop Gold by copying and renaming my Celebrity Sounds files in the AOL 9.8.2 folder and replacing the same files in this folder:

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\AOLDesktop\app-11.0.1550\AudioResources\en-us

Rename the sound files you want to be the same as the ones in the AOL Gold sound folder and copy them over. Easy and quick, though it took me some time to find the AOL Gold files!

That was it!! I was able to change the sounds using this method, Thank you so much for posting this. (replacing the name 'Bob' with my name) Thank you again.

Reaction score
Hi bpolo215,

please mark as solved so it helps others, thanks. :)

Wolfie, I cannot see where to mark as solved, perhaps it's because it is not my thread. Maybe a moderator can mark it. It's definitely solved for me.:D

Reaction score
Firstly uninstall the AOL Software and then reinstall the software if the problem persist again then install the software which is compatible with window 7.

Ask a Question