Still trying to reactivate a few Sounds in Windows 10!

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Alright, I know it may be ridiculous to some folks, but I do enjoy the Windows logon/logoff sounds for my Desktop....
I've done the Registry changes and the Penalization/Sounds now show both sounds' choices in the list again. I tried both while still in the Sounds area and they both worked.
However, after a restart only the only the Startup sound performed. BTW, yes the Logon/Logoff .wav's are the ones I've used with all of the previous Windows versions with no troubles whatsoever.
Any new ideas??
Many thanks in advance..... Mark

Reaction score
Did you try going into Control Panel (R click the window in the lower left corner). Then L click Control Panel.
Then L click sound, then L click the sounds tab on the top.
Maybe (I don't really know) in there you'll find something that will help you out.

Reaction score
Hi URX111
Yup, I already modified the Default Sounds list through the Sounds lists. But first I had to restore the Logon/Logout listings in the "Windows" section of the list through the Registry. Seems MS wanted to play with the longtime traditional list for Windows 10.
I suppose it's also possible that they also have changed something in what I'm running (Windows 10 Pro) which is hidden somewhere and not allowing me to restore the Logon/Logoff sounds???

Reaction score
Since I've upgraded to Win 10 Pro last summer I think my startup/shut down sounds have only worked about 4 or 5 times. I can select them in Windows Sounds and they work fine. But for some reason they only work on shut down/start up when they feel like it. Everything else in Win 10 works fine. I just figure it's another MS glitch.

Reaction score
Hi mechien : I'm sorry I couldn't help you. Man, that softwareok.com stuff looks tedious.

Ask a Question